Saturday 19 March 2016

"Find me cause I'll never find you"

You know, I only posts things on here when I feel like it and/or did something I find interesting enough to share. So in that case, a few weeks back Chantal announced that she is starting this project (I'll tell you more about it a second) and she was searching for girls to take pictures of.

So, Chantal started a photography project called 'Viõkvæm'- which means 'fragile' in Icelandic. She's going to capture the identity and vulnerability of girls in the uncertain period of becoming a young woman. Even though I don't really like the way I look in pictures and I am not used to be taken pictures of me (and even find it kind of uncomfortable when some people do), I really wanted to be a part of this project. And the fact that she picked me (and around 20 others) out of more than a hundred girls, makes me feel really honored.

Well, let's say that the pictures we ended up with aren't really the pictures we hoped we would end up with. That sounds way more negative than I want it to be, uh-oh. Let's say that they don't really show the amount of 'Viõkvæm' that fits the project. Maybe the two pictures above kinda do, but still..

Not that it really matters (beside the fact that there is a deadline, maybe) because we- well, at least I did, had so much fun. It's always kind of scary in some way to meet someone you met on the internet.  But we ended up having so much more in common than I'd ever thought, which made the afternoon we spent even more fun that I'd imagine.

Also, I always find it kind of awkward to pose in front of a camera for someone, especially when I've never met them or barely know.. (Not that that happens very often cause I probably spend most of my life drawing in my room, hah)

But hey,  I didn't find it awkward at all. Alright, maybe the first few pictures but alrighty. And even though the pictures aren't really suitable for the project, I still really like them apart from the project.





"Should we just get a coffee...?" Chantal spoke, and thaaaat's how we basically gave up taking pictures because there was too much to talk about. After the amazing coffee (thanks giiiiiirl) she showed me her school which was pretty cool, and when we walked back we got distracted again and got chicken nuggets..

I find it kind of funny how when I started this blog I didn't want anyone I know personally to find out about it. Three years later I (finally, ha ha) grew out of that and now I've changed my blog name to my real life, I thought I'd might as well just show a bit more what I look like.

Oh, and a massive thanks to the lovely Chantal for wanting to spend time with me and feeding me chicken nuggets and coffee. If you've never heard of her- which you probably have, you should check her instagram, you're welcome because you are missing out.

I really wonder if people actually read what I write, but if you do; thank you. <3

Love,
Kim.

4 comments:

  1. Natuurlijk lees ik wat je schrijft en ik vind de foto's zo mooi! Chantal heeft zo onwijs veel talent<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zo mooi! Je haar vind ik echt prachtig. Toffe fototjes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute outfit <3 adore your style and your hair too!
    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hele leuke foto's! Je haar is zo mooi :) Ik snap dat de foto's misschien niet helemaal bij het project passen maar toch zijn ze heel gaaf!

    ReplyDelete